6.16.2008

Happy Father's Day to Me, and Youins...

Dave has just been crackin me up lately, such a ham! Andrew's my clever dude, David is the clown and Christina's the cutest of all... She's got a little ham in her too, probably since she hung out with David a lot during Andrew's first year in Kindergarten (Yay Mrs. G! ) So father's day today, when mommy was out Grocery Gaming, I fixed up and fired up my eclipse, and by the end of tonight managed to drive it around the block without catching fire, or antyhing falling off, or breaking worse. I'm SOO glad it's drivable again. A few years ago i put on turbo to make it go faster, a man has a need for speed!, and then again a couple more years after that, the automatic transmission burned up and stopped making the car go anymore, which is kind of the point. I managed to limp it to Trunk-or-Treat 2x and the Fair Oaks Church Car Show 2x for 2 years worth of shows. But i wanted to atleast have it be our fair weather fun car, it's all paid off, so why get rid. The greenbriar garage hasn't been converted, or junked up too bad, so we have a place for it. In an effort to keep saving us a bunch of moolah on it, i thought i'd do the transmission job myself... So other than the HUGE headache of having a non working car, that DIDN'T make it to Car Show this year, and annoyed me to no end when it wouldn't start for months which i don't have all the time in the world to work on really, but in the end, it cost only about ~$750 or so, not $4000!!! to have someone else do it. So now it's a 5 speed, which for me is just GREAT since I've driven stick... 3 times in my life??? No time like the present to learn! and I'm really hoping to have MOST of the gremlins worked out of our it to safely drive Lori out on the town for our 8th anniversary (Tuesday, June 17th) with the top down, looking at the stars like we used to.. well, I'll be looking at the road, Lori will be busy getting hair out of her contacts, but when it clears up she'll be star-cruisin! I better get crackin'!!

So, back to the father's day we had, i just have to share the pics, and get the progression. The first shot, is the most serious one we could manage to take... then shots of what happened after we told him to cut the cra...ham... and then onto shots of us all together separate. 'Twas a good day today! Hope you enjoyed your father's day. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Lori said...

You are such a good daddy! I couldn't resist taking that one of Dave. I'm glad the car is working!

The G's said...

We have a pouting pic on our blog. Must have been in the water...By the way, I really enjoyed having Andrew this year. He is a real sweetie!